Tuesday, May 10, 2011

DPN'S!!! And lighter stuff

I know, I know, you want pictures. Believe me when I say YOU DON'T.  Knitting has become an ugly thing, full of slippery sticks, twisty fingers, gnarly words & distinctly bad manners.

The books never tell you not to try to cast on with a crocheted afghan on your lap.


Meanwhile, happier events are taking place at the spinning wheel.  AND I just bought a used Louet Jr. drum carder.  Yay! My own doffer!  I'm wielding it like a pro.



SHETLAND!  Lovely, lovely, romantic, soft Shetland.  I'm processing it and spinning it myself, small batches at a time.  All from Maine farms.  The natural color of this gorgeous stuff just won't show up in my pictures!
A milky tan.  A cup of cream someone passed a coffee bean over.

No comments:

Post a Comment